Sunday, October 15, 2006

I've made it to Tokyo in one piece. Given that I don’t read or understand the language, I'm surprised I made it here so easily.
My plane out of India was delayed, so it was a close call on making my connection in Singapore. Needless to say, I don't have my luggage for the second time on this journey.
There is nothing I need (for the time being), besides cash, and this computer, so all will be ok.

Video of me rushing through the airport at 6 am.


I took a bus to Shinjuku station, and then a cab to the inn I am staying at. Video footage from the cab ride.


A picture of the inn's sign.


Here's what $45 gets you in Tokyo. The room is clean, has free wireless and my laptop plug works with their outlet, all of my needs have been met.


I am staying 3 blocks from the Takadanobaba station, one stop from the Shinjuku stop, so I decided to go check things out based on what I saw upon my arrival.
Inside the train (which is different than the subway...) I took to Shinjuku.


Shinjuku is like Times Square, Vegas and any red light district all rolled into one HUGE area. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, so I high tailed it out of the seedier parts pretty quickly.


I only really have tomorrow to do most of my exploring, so I am planning on checking out the Tsukiji fish market for breakfast, as they serve the freshest sushi in the world. I hope to then see the Imperial Palace and the Harajuki district. I've already seen a handful of the Harajuki 'fruits' in Shinjuki...and they are a sight to see.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Those videos are awesome

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't watch your videos on my computer (sniff) and I'm sure I'm missing all the fun. I hope you have fun tomorrow. I'm so jealous!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Videos worked on our computer. Ann Norm, Beth and Steve say hi and will check the site too.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger odzer said...

Wow reminds of Tokyo so badly. I was in the area's that you visited for around 20 days. I miss japan :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home