Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Not too much news to report, as we’ve been cranking away in the office. The one thing to mention is that I had the most amazing Tandoori food last night. Tandoori style is food baked in a clay oven and originates from Northern India. Bangalore is in Southern India, but I’ve been told by a local that all Indian food has now mostly blended together.

We went to one of the best Tandoori resturants in Southern India, called Tandoor.
The place was old school, with ornately painted walls. The place looked like a throwback to the 50s. Given the intimate nature of the place, I didn’t take pictures, as I felt it would be rude.


In all, we had the most amazing Tandoori Chicken I’ve ever tasted, lamb sausage, a cauliflower dish and an egg plant dish, along with some Naan. Roti tends to be more popular here. Roti is more like a tortilla, while Naan is fried. I love me some fried bread!


This may be the best $30 for 2 I’ve ever spent on a meal. The food here is defiantly hotter (even for a Texan who grew up eating spicy Mexican food) than I am used to, but it’s dealable. It’s the post meal sweats where I know how much heat I’ve consumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home