Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ahh, I wish I had my camera just now (I left it in the office) – we just had the most amazing experience!

First of all – there was a protest today. Not a riot. I was mistaken. You can read about it by clicking here.
Bangalore is a very peaceful place. People are very nice here. Coming from New York, one might think too nice! As soon as the protest ended, people actually started going to work. At 6 PM.

Since I hadn’t really seen much of the city (the office and the hotel are on the same lot) I was excited to hear that we were going to dinner. A few colleagues and I went to an amazing hotel that felt like it could have been in NY or LA for dinner. The roads of Bangalore are insane, and that’s about as scary as it gets here.
After dinner, we took a drive through the city, seeing the State Supreme Court, the State Legislature a few major shopping areas and a few residential areas.
Since I don’t any pictures to share, I’ve nic’d a pic of the Supreme Court building from the net.


We drove about 8 miles total, and the streets were mostly empty. If this were rush hour (basically all day light hours), this trip would have taken close to 1 1/2 hours.

The most amazing part of the tour was the drive through the ‘Muslim ghetto’ where we saw camels being smoked and sold. (As opposed to people smoking Camels).
Another late night, but well worth it.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya...that was Russell Market and Shivajinagar at 1am. and my American buddy Josef was seen cringing in the back seat of my car as i tried navigating it thru a 8 foot wide road, a smoked camel on the right side and a truck in front of me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home