Thursday, October 05, 2006

I had heard about all the cows in the road prior to comming, but not about the pack of dogs everywhere. The one thing I failed to mention about the drive around Bangalore 2 nights ago was about all of the rabid dogs we saw. At one point in the evening, our car slowed, and a dog came right up to the headlight and started to growl and block the car. Last night, we had dinner outside on the edge of a golf course (not connected to my hotel, but the nicer one, behind my building), and there were two dogs who kept running around us. They weren't as rabid as the dog who attacked the car, but they weren't fun loving playthings either.
Oh yeah - I saw my first set of bats flying around my hotel and dinner last night as well.

4 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't pet the dogs Josef! They have rabies and scabies. Bad news, even for a canine lover like yourself.

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the dogs, and bats should be such a novelty after living in Austin

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Me2 said...

but these bats were very close to my head...they were far from Austin.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger slaint said...

no they aren't rabid!!! i pet and feed many of the street dogs. they typically don't like indians as they are often mean to them, throwing stones at them, running over them, etc. the ones who don't like cars are usually a little bit wilder than the rest, but as soon as you talk sweetly to them they always come wagging their tails - thats been my experience ALL over india at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home