Friday, October 13, 2006

Of all of the unique foods I've eaten here in Bangalore, I think I will miss the nice simple sandwiches we get in the office for what amounts to 50 cents. They are so tasty, yet so simple. This is a picture of a smooshed somosa on two pieces of grilled white bread. Other days I would have a vegetable sandwich (something that tasted like cucumber and cabbage) with cheese (more like a cream cheese.)

Part of the reason I will miss this sandwich is I don't think I can find something like this in NYC, whereas most of the other Indian food I've eaten, I can find just a few blocks from my house (even though it won't be as spicy).

Here is another health poster from the office.


I went back to the palace across the street for lunch with a colleague. This gate is at the back of the gardens. How can you not have your picture taken with a HUGE elephant gate?


I head to Tokyo tomorrow night for a few days of sight seeing. I got a lot of souvenirs last night, but need to spend most of tomorrow finding a few last minute items. I’ve been here long enough to know where to go with out a ride.

It’s been kind of difficult to find stuff to bring back for a couple of reasons.
#1 – I don’t have a lot of room in the luggage! Also, giving a “I <3 NY” shirt kind of gives off the vibe of New York and allows people not in NYC to wear the shirt and have a pseudo shared experience about NYC. Also, there are no Bangalore shot glasses (even though you could come up with some cool slogans for them….) to bring home and say “Hey I went to India!” This is a place to be experienced, and no memento will ever be able to give off the energy of this place. So this blog…that’s the goodie I have for you.

I am really going to miss this place, and would love to come back to explore other parts of the country. The people here are so sweet and engaging. (As opposed to my fellow jaded NewYorkers – you know who you are!!!!!!!)
As you can probably tell, I’ve either been in doors, or gone to places that cater to westerners here on business  (for the most part – that night driving through the ghetto, I will never forget seeing camel being smoked).

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

HUGE ELEPHANTS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home